Finding the right surgeon for your LASIK eye surgery and some complication and risk factors you may need to consider
When it comes to performing a LASIK surgery, only a qualified physiotherapist from Maple Ridge is permitted to carry out this kind of surgery on their patients. You may go ahead and ask your doctors or any doctor for any good referrals to a physician that can be able to perform this kind of surgery. You can also take your time and visit the American Academy Of ophthalmologists whereby you are going to find a list of doctors who usually perform LASIK surgery.
Some questions you may need to ask your surgeon or doctor
- How many years of experience do you have when it comes to performing LASIK surgeries?
- How long have you been doing these surgeries and what is your success rate?
- How can you be able to define your success? What chances do I have to be able to achieve a 20/20 vision? How many of the patients that you have done this surgery on have been able to reach a 20/20 vision or a 20/40 vision? How many of your patients frequently come back for retreatments?
- What should I do after the surgery is complete?
- What complications and risks am I likely to face?
- Who is going to handle my case after the surgery is complete?
- What kind of laser are you going to make use of during my surgery?
Some complications and risk factors that you may be faced with
Before you have the surgery done on you, the surgeon should be able to explain some complications and risks that may affect you. He or she should brief you on the pros and cons of having the LASIK surgery done on both of your eyes on the same day. This kind of briefing process is usually known as an informed consent process.
- You may have some problems with your corneal flap after the surgery is complete.
These may include having an ingrowth of the cells that are normally under the flap or incomplete or irregular flaps that may require you to go back into surgery so as to have them removed.
- Inflammation or corneal infection
Having this kind of Lasik SG Zed pricing complication may also need you to go back into surgery for it to be fixed.
Some risk factors
- Vision loss.
After the surgery, you may not be able to see clearly even when you make use of your contact lenses or your glasses. For more info please contact us
- Irreversible eye damage or blindness.
In some very rare cases, you may end up having irreversible damage to your eyes which may be due to some complications that were experienced during the lasik surgery.
You may have severe night vision problems
After the surgery, you may develop what is known as debilitating visual symptoms that can significantly affect the way you see at night.